Turkish Strike on Convoy Including Civilians and Journalists Kills Nine, Reports Say
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said a Turkish air strike in the Syrian town of Ras al Ain killed nine people, including five civilians, on Sunday. Reports claim foreign journalists were also targeted.
>> Election results are in. Subscribe now – save 30%
Observatory Director Rami Abdulrahman said the strike had hit a gathering of civilians who had come to Ras al Ain from the city of Qamishli to show support as the town is targeted by Turkish forces attacking Kurdish-led forces in northern Syria.
An official in the Syrian Democratic Forces said a "civilian convoy" had been attacked. Rudaw's reporter in the region confirmed that journalists were aboard the convoy, which the Observatory also reported.
Northern Syria-based North Press Agency (NPA) reported the severe injury of one of its journalists, named by the agency as Delsoz Yousef.
I can confirm that the convey hit in Ras AlAin by Turkey contains journalists. I still don't know their identity though. @akhbar https://t.co/oNNigANs9h
— Jenan Moussa (@jenanmoussa) October 13, 2019
BREAKING: Hawar News confirm that one of their journalists, Saad al-Ahmad has been killed in a Turkish airstrike in Northern Syria. pic.twitter.com/YZQrTQ2TH3
— Conflict News (@Conflicts) October 13, 2019